In this episode, we have a special guest, Martin Caliz, the National Director of Maintenance at Brookfield Properties. He joins us to talk about the relationship between property maintenance teams and general contractors and how you truly need both to create a successful and safe multifamily community.
- The role of a national maintenance director is one that requires you to wear many hats as you manage a number of properties and support the vision of the property owner.
- One of the primary goals of the maintenance team is to keep residents and the community happy by providing quality and timely service.
- Sometimes a job is too big or too complicated for a maintenance team to handle alone. When projects require specialized trades or managing multiple trades, it is often best to reach out to a general contractor.
- The way you carry yourself and present yourself makes a huge impact in every aspect of your life.
- LA Lakers fans hate Kyle.
Brookfield Properties is a North American subsidiary of commercial real estate company Brookfield Property Partners, which itself is a subsidiary of alternative asset management company Brookfield Asset Management. It is responsible for the property management of the company’s real estate portfolio, which includes facilities in the office, multi-family residential, retail, hospitality, and logistics industries.
Brookfield Properties operates corporate offices in New York City, Toronto, London, Sydney, and São Paulo. Brookfield Properties acquired General Growth Properties, one of the largest mall operators in the U.S., and merged it into Brookfield Properties in 2018.